Writing for EatingPlaces has been a great learning experience. In addition to improving as a writer, cook, and reviewer, I also went from being a complete Blogger/Social Media Beginner to a confident and Experienced Social Media Manager in both this blog and the professional sphere. It’s wonderful to turn a passion and hobby into a skill.
Everything on this blog – writing, photography, recipes, reviews – is my own (with the exception of labeled guest posts and a few favorite recipes that I cite). I’ve always seen my Twitter account as the place for linking to other blogs and sharing my food finds, but not everyone has Twitter and sometimes I need a break from the constant minute-to-minute RTs and DMs and #FFs.
So there’s some history for this moment of change. No, I’m not leaving. I’d like to introduce a new feature on EatingPlaces called the Saturday Short List, where I’ll share my recent food-related finds.
Please welcome the first EatingPlaces Saturday Short List!:
- November 14 is National Pickle Day. I LOVE pickles (and anything pickled). Check out the documentary Pickles, Inc from PBS’s Global Voices. I may be known to watch hours of these in one weekend…
- Cambridge-area Folks: 1369 Coffee House is featuring a tea of the day for $1 for November. Find them in Central and Inman Squares.
- Check out this behind-the-scenes look at Equal Exchange’s Training Day at Gumutindo Coffee Co-op in Uganda.
- Who needs a bar when you can make your own Art & Lemon’s d.i.y. ginger pear vodka?
- David Lebovitz brings us to Milan with some of the most beautiful pastry images I’ve seen in a while. You’ll want to bookmark this.
- The Food Studies Project, a blog from University of Texas at Austin, is one my fave new finds. Its authors come from a variety of disciplines and are brought together by their interests in food. They just started the project and I’m already excited.
Have a great weekend and see you next week!