(Fettuccine and Mussels. Not homemade, but not for long!)
There’s nothing like homemade pasta. I’ve made it a few times (as in twice: once was ravioli with sage butter, another was fettuccine with marinara), but I’ve never purchased my own pasta machine…until today! I can’t wait to use it and write all about everything I make, but for today’s Saturday Short List, I’m highlighting some delicious-sounding recipes that are on my list to check out.
- Leite’s Culinaria has a great homemade pasta dough guide with a variety of shapes and flavors
- Michael Natkin’s Turmeric Bucatini with Garlic Chives on Herbivoracious sounds delicious. I love turmeric – and it’s so good for you – so I’m always looking for new ways to use it.
- When it comes to pasta, I trust Emeril Lagasse. Here’s Emeril’s Spinach Pasta Dough recipe. It uses 6 egg yolks, so you can make a nice egg white omelet the morning after.
- If you don’t want to use a million eggs, you can make Lidia Bastianich’s Poor Man’s Two Egg Pasta Dough. I also trust Lidia with Italian food, probably with my life as well. That woman is amazing.
- Acorn Squash Ravioli with Chanterelles from Woodfired Kitchen. Seriously, I want to eat that right now.
- And this has nothing to do with pasta, but don’t forget to enter my Panera gift card contest!
Have a great weekend!